According to IEC60947 requirements, to test all the electrical and mechanical parameters of AC contactor, we need several different devices. However, we will also provide a computer system to make sure all the test devices work under the same system, and all the records will be submitted to the computer so as to summarize all the parameters for a test sample.
Besides, there are some parameters like Short-circuit withstand performance, rated or electrical operation (Making & breaking) performance that cannot be simply tested by a single test device but need a large power supply and test system. We did not include these test systems with large power supply requirements within this quotation. However, if you have similar requirements, please let us know and we will provide you a solution.
The following devices are necessary to test all basic electrical and mechanical parameters of AC contactor:
- Integrated Computer System, make up of two industrial computers with necessary software, to control all test devices as well as collect test data and make test reports;
- Operation Performance Test Device, with adjustable AC/DC power source (10V to 400V, 20A max., power supply only for contactor coil for operation) for contactor operation test. Capable for the test of making voltage, releasing voltage, operation voltage curve and similar operation voltage parameters.
- Insulation & Dielectric Withstand Test Device, for insulation and dielectric parameter test.
- Temperature Test Device, a large current power source with low voltage (6V&2000A, 3 phases), with 16 channels of thermocouples to test temperature rising parameters under large current.
- Contactor Resistance Test Device. With operation power supply as mentioned in above 2, as well as high accuracy meters, to test NO/NC contactor resistance. Test range from 1mΩ to 50Ω, with 5% or higher accuracy.
- Electrical Lifetime Test Device. With operation power supply as mentioned in above 2 and 5. Capable to test 3 samples at the same time. Test cycle set from 1 to 9,999,999.
Above listed main devices needed to test all basic electrical and mechanical parameters of AC contactor (as well as star-delta starters), however, as mentioned before, the device did not cover test that need large power supply. Some tests like terminal mechanical parameter that can be operated simply using a torque wrench are also not included.
We provide complete electrical apparatus test lab solution, as well as test devices, and the above list is only for your reference, to make a detailed quotation, we need you to provide more detailed specifications, if you are not provide at this time, we are also glad to help so as to make a clear specification.
Generally, we also need following information:
- The product you are planning to test, the more detailed the better. It is best if you provide detailed catalogue (or similar products catalogue).
- Key parameters of your maximum and minimum test sample, the size, operation voltage, capacity, etc.
- Test purpose or test items. As IEC listed a lot of test items, it will be easier if we know the purpose first. As we all know, the difference if so significant for type test and routine test.
- Other requirements, as detailed as possible. The more information we get at the very beginning, the faster we get the proper solution. We design and produce test devices and system as per customer required, that means, if you have limited budget, we can select economical but reliable components, and if you want high performance comes first, we will make the best.